NOTE: This call for submissions is for roundtables only. Roundtables consist of five presenters or contributors. If this doesn't describe what you're submitting, please see:
The ACHA is now accepting roundtable proposals for inclusion in its 2019 annual meeting to be held in Chicago in January 2019. Topics covering any period of Catholic history are welcome.
We will only accept complete roundtable proposals that list a chair, commentator, and all presenters.
Submission deadline: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Rules and eligibility for proposals
Before registering, please review the following rules. (Don't skip these; if your proposal does not comply, it will be rejected.)
- You may only submit one proposal for the conference.
- If this roundtable is accepted for inclusion on the ACHA program, all participants must also register for the American Historical Association (AHA) conference.
- You cannot present at the 2019 conference if you have presented at both of the two previous ACHA annual conferences (that is, at Washington 2018 and Denver 2017). Our policy is that members may present for a maximum of two years in a row, and then must wait a year before presenting again.
- You may only serve as a chair or commentator on one panel in addition to presenting one paper.
- All roundtable participants must be ACHA members in good standing at the time of submitting this proposal (i.e., now) and must remain members in good standing until the conference concludes. (You may register or renew your membership at achahistory.org.)